Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Roll Out! Part II

...straight to the BMW classifieds. Like Mommy B mentioned, we live in the perfect place for a convertible too. After some intense searching, test drives and close calls of punching used car salesmen in the face, I found one that I absolutely fell in love with. And here she is:


I found a 2005 BMW 330ci convertible that had everything I wanted in it. Convertible, Navy blue, tan leather interior, low miles, M series wheels, convertible, premium sound system, wood trim package... and did I mention it was a convertible? I traded in the Audi and basically stole the 330ci from the dealer. It did require a loan, but I figured it was a small price to pay for a car I'll drive until the wheels fall off. Which being a BMW, could be a while...

But thanks to smart saving by Mommy B and I over the last 2 years and our little tax-deduction baby (thanks Alli Ru!), we paid off the remaining 3-year balance on the loan earlier this week. I must say, it's a pretty good feeling - not only because of how much interest I'm not going to be paying over the next 3 years (because I'm a cheap bastard), but also to have that debt lifted off our shoulders. Ahhhh, I feel better already!

Now, the car is officially
ours and we can do whatever we want with it. AND we can put that money towards something else instead - like daycare.

1 comment:

  1. Man, what's w/all this talk of responsible spending? Whatever happened to blowing money on cases of Miller?

    ReplyDelete