Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wrist-rolled

Any parent is familiar with the obligatory skin rolls that develop on growing babies, especially around the thighs and arms. I should know as I was a rather chubby infant. Well, Alli has been growing so quickly that she's gotten them around her wrists... which I guess is a good sign that she'll grow into everything. I know it's a stretch, but seeing her "wrist rolls" made me think of the "Rick Rolled" game we sometimes play at the office.

I'm sure many Followers from the younger generation are familiar with the Internet game of being "Rick Rolled". For those of you that are unfamiliar with this little inter-office game, you can click this link for an explanation. Basically it's a game coworkers play where they send hyperlinks to Rick Astley's music video of "Never Gonna Give You Up" to each other to get the other person to inadvertently see the video. This can be disguised in an unsuspecting email, text message or Instant Message - and if the recipient clicks on the link, they've just been "Rick Rolled".

For many, viewing this video (or just hearing the song) will make them cringe and try to turn it off as soon as possible. However, I love this song and will leave it on as long as I can. I can't help it - weren't the 80's just the best for cheesy pop music?? If the person that sent it to me is close by, I'll turn up the speakers on my computer loud enough for them to hear it. That way, they'll get annoyed by the fact that they are hearing their own joke and seeing that I actually enjoy the song.

Anyway, Alli has been developing so rapidly lately it's kind of scary. She's beginning to really notice things around her & reach and grab for everything she can. She is able to roll over in the blink of an eye, which has enabled her to get around a little bit. She spends a lot of time on her belly (including sleeping) - but really likes leaning up on her elbows to look around. She has amazing head control already - being able to follow someone across the room and snap it right back if she wants to look at something else. I swear she's about 5 minutes away from crawling! Here's her latest adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment