Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cartoon of the Week



Well, no boring summer here for our family! Like Dad-E mentioned, Alli and I had our first (and I pray, last!) ride in an ambulance this past weekend, which is definitely something I'd never wish for anyone to experience, especially with their child. Now granted, Alli's condition was not as severe as many that require an ambulance, but the physicians were concerned. I've only been a patient a handful of times in my life, but I can tell you, it's a real eye opener to see everything from the patient perspective rather than the nurse's. I was so relieved when we didn't have to get admitted (I love all the nurses on the infant care unit, they are all wonderful! But not where I wanted to spend my Saturday night, especially with friends in town!), and just knowing Alli was doing better than when we'd brought her in. She is hopefully getting through the worst of it, and seems to be getting a little better each day. Nights are the worst, but that's to be expected. We're back to those sleepless nights we thought were long gone... silly us!

P.S. Thank God for our friends Rob and Gena (& Anneliese & Wallace!) for hanging out at our house, feeding and watching Scarlett for us, supporting us through a scary time, and just understanding that our lives aren't like they used to be, but still love us regardless. Hopefully the next visit will be more fun!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Alli, I hope she's back to 100% soon! Sick baby + exhausted parents = no buneo.

    ReplyDelete