Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bartender!

I can't even remember the last time I saw a real bartender to order myself a drink. I think that most people who have never been a bartender themself have a love/hate relationship with bartenders. You love them because they are able to provide you with the cocktail of your choice (or imagination) when you're out having a good time with friends. You hate them because no matter how much you yell or how much money you wave at them, they ignore you if you aren't an attractive young female.

Well, I've never felt more like a bartender in my life until now. You want a Cosmo in a cocktail glass? Tough dootie. You want a single-malt scotch in a highball glass? Not gonna happen. You want a tasty draft beer in a frosted mug? Try next door. The only beverage I'm serving these days - is milk. Fresh out of the bottle-warmer in a short, stout bottle with a slow-flow nipple on top. Just the way Alli likes it...

Alli has turned into a milkaholic over the past couple weeks. She used to have 3 to 4 bottles while at daycare, each filled with 3oz. She now easily drains 4 40z bottles and has a couple-ounce topper when she gets home. Not to mention what she has before she goes to bed, what she has when she wakes up at night (which has become less frequent lately, thank goodness) and what she eats when she wakes up in the morning. Needless to say, she's been putting some milk down.

Once I get Alli to bed at night, I immediately come downstairs and begin washing her bottles out from the day - which can be anywhere from 4-6 empty bottles that need to be cleaned out before we start all over again the next morning. I rinse out all the bottles, then line them up in the sink bartender-style and pour in dish soap like I'm pouring shots of tequila. My, how the tides have shifted... now I'm the lucky one who gets to serve the attractive young female.

1 comment:

  1. Going through milk like its nobody's business, sounds like her daddy already!

    ReplyDelete