Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to Mommy B!! That's right everyone, she turned 28 years old today... and she's just as pretty as she was when I met her over 10 years ago. This past week was the 10-year anniversary of our first date as well. Even though we've only been married for 3 1/2 years, we've known each other for over a decade.

It's hard to believe it's been that long, but time flies when you're having fun. In fact, Mommy B still has a T-shirt I had made for her that reads: "B&E: Having more fun than you since 2-22-03" OK, so we didn't start officially dating until 2003, but we've been having fun together since we first met. I mean, how many people end up getting married after the guy moons someone on their first date? In my defense, I was only mooning them because they mooned us first - but Mommy B still hung around anyway.

As a birthday present, Mommy B got to go to work at 5:30am today. How fun! However, a transformer blew at the hospital shutting down all the OR's - which meant they couldn't perform any surgeries. Translation = Mommy B got half a day off! So she picked me up from work on her way home and we had a lovely little lunch date. We don't really get dates (of any kind) all that often down here, so it was nice to spend time with her while Ru was at daycare. The rest of the evening consisted of putting Alli to bed and me making dinner - which is just about the same as every other night.

We've been through a lot together over the last 10 years, and I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else. She became my best friend a long time ago, and I'm so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with her. I knew long before we ever had children that she would be a great mom, and of course she has turned out to be the best mom in the world. Even though Alli has my blue eyes, I can still see her mom every time I look at her. I can see the love and affection that she displays for Alli every day, and it warms my heart to know that Alli will always have a little part of that inside her as she grows into a woman.

Happy birthday hun... I love you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment