Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A lil bit of everything...

Seems like we're getting behind on blogging. And for our what, 5 people that actually read this and check it regularly, we're sorry. It's been quite the adjustment getting used to my new schedule, which in turn has made Eric and Alli's schedule quite different too. We're also busy with trying to prepare for Christmas, mainly, the drive back to Ohio. I know we mentioned before that this is the first time we'll be driving back home for Christmas, and we're definitely excited. My mom has promised me the best gift ever... her waking up with Alli each morning and letting me sleep in. She's even going to let us use her brand new bedroom furniture, in her room upstairs, and sleep in the guest room while Alli sleeps in my old room, so we really won't hear her and can just get some rest. I think that's better than any Christmas present I could ask for, I am really looking forward to it. On the flip side, we have really slacked on decorating around here. I guess it's because we know we're leaving a week from tomorrow, and we'll be in Ohio for a week, so there was really no point in getting our house all decked out here when we won't be here to enjoy it. So, we have a tree, with lights, but no ornaments. It's the thought that counts, right? Alli and I were hanging out with our cul-de-sac friends this afternoon and their mom even mentioned to me, "What, Eric's not putting up all the lights this year??" We are usually the only house in the neighborhood to put up a bunch of lights... not this year. I feel like a bad Buddy Elf, I really do love Christmas. Next year, we're going all out again, I'll make sure of it.

Speaking of next year, it's hard to believe by then we'll have a crazy two year old lil girl and a 7 or 8 month old little..... baby. =) I know so many people are waiting for us to slip up and share the sex of this one, but it's been fun so far. I even got a bribery letter from my grandparents today, it was so cute. It's going to be hard though being around our family next week, especially because here at the house we've been calling baby by it's gender and talking to Alli about her future little brother. Or wait, is it her future little sister? It's also hard to believe this pregnancy is halfway over. It's flown by, and I've absolutely loved feeling the flutters and movements in my belly again. We're just having trouble figuring out names again. We had a few girl and boy names we liked, but we're still not sold on them. I guess we still have some time to figure that out.

Alli has been growing and becoming more of a toddler every day. She laughs and is SO ticklish, it's more than entertaining to tickle her and hear her giggle and giggle. Both of her bottom molars are now in, meaning she's up to ten teeth. My goodness. She should be eating steak by now! Her top left will probably be in by the end of the week too. She loves to take off her socks and shoes, and then try to put them back on too saying "shuuuues, shuuuues." She likes to "ssssss" like a snake, "woof woof" like a dog, "quack quack" like a duck, and "woof woof" for anything that looks remotely like a dog (as in, horse, reindeer, etc.) Ha. We'll teach her. She's getting even better at "telling us" what she wants by pointing, babbling and nodding her head when we get the right thing that she wants. I can't believe how big she's getting. I feel like we say that all the time, but, it's true. We go back to the doctor with her on Thursday to see how her ears are doing. We're hoping for the best!

And, that's all for now folks. Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment