Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cartoon of the Week


This is me. I don't know if it's just because I was tired all the time to begin with, even before we had Alli, or if it's the lack of sleep, lack of energy, and lack of help all rolled into one. I know we have no room to complain because we are the ones that chose to live down here, far away from all of our family... but now, after having Alli, I realize just how amazing it must be to have family close by and able to help once in awhile. I'd just like to be able to have one night a week, heck, let's be honest, one night a month, to go out to dinner with Eric, or just relax and be able to sleep in the next day. If we had a grandparent or aunt or uncle or anyone close by that could watch her just one night every once in awhile, I feel like I'd be able to feel refreshed and energized from time to time. But, like I said, we chose this, and so while it would be lovely, we do cherish the time we get to spend with her, (ALL the time, ha!), and realize there are many families in similar situations going through the same thing... living away from their families and any help too. I find some comfort if knowing we aren't alone out there...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we're not *that* far away! Your can always drive Alli up & have dinner in Charlotte while we watch her :) You know, that is if you trust us enough to keep her alive lol.

    ReplyDelete