Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well, that was quick

For all intents and purposes, Alli has ditched the Army crawl in favor of the "normal", on-hands-and-knees crawl. Apparently she had enough of watching some of the other kids at daycare yesterday move around faster than her, and decided to follow suit. The second I walked in the door of her classroom, she spotted me from her seated position in the middle of the room. And it was off to the races - she crawled all the way across the floor to meet me as I came in. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Mommy B got to come home from work a little early, and Alli got to show off her "new" crawl to her as well. She was literally crawling all the way across the room - completely off the ground on her hands and knees. It would appear that she's discovered that not only is this method faster, it requires a lot less energy than dragging yourself across the floor.

So not only is she now dashing across the floor at break-neck, Dad-E-like speeds, but also pulling herself up on anything she can get her hands on. When I'm sitting on the floor with her, she'll crawl over to me and climb up my legs. Then, all I have to do is grab her hands and she pulls herself all the way up to a standing position. I don't even have to help pull her up anymore, she does it all on her own! The only thing I have to do is keep her steady, and she'll stand on her own power for minutes on end.

Looks like more baby-proofing around the house is in store this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment