Thursday, November 1, 2012

Alli's 2 Year Stats

Well here we are, two years old.

This little girl amazes us more and more every day. There are so many things she's doing these days, it's hard to even think about it and blog about it anymore. But, I'll try. When she knows she's doing something she shouldn't, she watches us and almost dares us to tell her no. When we do, she says, "time out!", and runs and sits in time out. A lot of times, she doesn't have to sit in time out, and puts herself there. It's almost funny but sad too, because when she gets up from time out, she comes up to us and says "sowwwie" in the saddest voice and gives us a hug. It's just too much for me to take sometimes. She loves reading books and has her favorites, of course, all her Elmo books, and In the Zoo is her favorite potty book. And speaking of potty, she's been doing just fabulous. No #2 accidents since literally the potty training weekend I believe, and a few pee accidents here and there, but truly, she's doing awesome. She loves her doggy and tries to play with her all the time, telling her to "sit down doggy!" (oh and she tells me to sit down too, I tell her that I'm not a doggy to boss around! ha!)

Her favorite thing to do with Aiden is sing to him. When they are taking a bath together, in the car together, or just hanging out beside one another, she looks over at him and says "la la la!!!!!!!" and he just laughs and laughs. I don't know why this is the only song she sings to him, but maybe it's their lil "thing" together. :)

Speaking of singing, she has a lot of favorites. Old Mac Donald, Row Row Row Your Boat, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday Song, ABC's, and one she started singing recently that Eric & I didn't even know. She was using her finger and going "Here I am! Here I am!", we remembered the tune but couldn't remember what the song was. I'm still not sure what version they are singing at day care, but regardless, it's cute. 

I know there is a ton I'm leaving out, so, maybe I'll leave it to Dad-E to add his two cents and remember things I can't. That's the only way we survive these days is by both of us using our half brains together to function as a working team. I swear having kids must burn brain cells or something. I am losing it more and more every day.

The Stats:
Weight: 27.6 lbs (60th percentile)
Length: 34.25 inches (71st percentile)
Diaper Size: No more diapers! All big girl underwear now! Still wear pull-ups at night "just in case" but wake up dry almost every morning
Clothing Size: mostly 24 months/2T depending on the brand
Shoe Size: 6.5-7
Food: Everything. She raids the pantry like a teenager, Dad-E's already starting to really worry what it's going to be like around here when her and Aiden are teenagers...
Naps: One 2 hour nap during the day (12:30-2:30ish), bed by 7:15ish, up around 6:30ish
Teeth: Just waiting on those two year molars to come in any time... probably will happen when we make the trip home to Ohio...
Words: She basically says anything and everything. We're amazed at her vocabulary, her understanding, identification, etc. She loves to sing and read... and she makes up songs and words to the books she flips through all the time. It's adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I love this age, too! She sounds like so much fun! And a like a great big sister, too!

    ReplyDelete