Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful November Part Two

Here's a few more things I am definitely thankful for...

11. Modern technology. A few days ago, in a span of a couple hours, I got to FaceTime with my mom, where she got to see both Alli and Aiden, and then Skype on the computer with Eric's parents, where they were able to see Alli, Aiden and Katie as she was down here visiting on her birthday. How great is it that even hundreds of miles apart, we're able to see them on the phone or computer with just the push of a button.

12. Chesterbrook Academy. I know we've talked about our wonderful daycare so many times, but I can't thank them enough for all they've taught Alli so far, and how much they care about Aiden and really work with him each day to make sure he's reaching his full potential too.

13. Friends. I've learned a lot about friendships over the past few years, and I know now what I need and deserve in friends. With these learning experiences came a lot of hard times, but I'm very thankful for the relationships I have.

14. Facebook. I know it's silly, but I'm so glad there are ways to stay in touch with family being hundreds of miles apart, still see my friends from high school and college all over the country as they become husbands and wives, parents, etc., and be able to share with others all of Alli and Aiden's pictures and funny stories, too.

15. A good, healthy appetite. Both of my babies have one... we've heard so many comments from their daycare teachers about "Whew! That girl/boy can eat!" They both have never turned down any type of food. I'm very thankful for that... it could be a lot worse.

16. An abundant milk supply. We still have about a 3 month supply of milk in the freezer, and we have not had to give Aiden any formula. This is months longer than I made it with Alli, and I'm hoping now I can make it an entire year of giving him exclusively BM.

17. The Ringling Brothers. If not for them, I wouldn't have my wonderful husband. :o)

18. On that same note, Ryan Druffel. If not for him as well, I wouldn't have my wonderful husband. :o)

19. Football season. I can't wait to go to football games with Alli and Aiden when they're old enough... either high school games, college, or NFL... I hope they love it as much as Eric and I do.

20. A good night's sleep. It's been awhile since I've fully had one, but I am thankful that I remember how great they are, and am hopeful that someday, I'll get to experience it again.

1 comment:

  1. Football is a great thing to be thankful for. Just think, only a few more years before the Ru wants to take her 'nastics skills to the sideline as a tumbling cheerleader and the A-man shows the south that he's got Dad-E's speed (and someone else's hands)!

    ReplyDelete