Thursday, January 12, 2012

Apologies

Please accept my humblest apologies, dear Followers. As you can tell I've taken a bit of a break from This Space for a while and luckily Mommy B has been picking up the slack for me. Like she doesn't have anything else to do... Anyway, I've been taking some time to relax, reflect and attempt to recharge my batteries......... SIKE!

I'm the parent of a 14-month old... we don't get time to relax. Ever. The past few weeks have been crazy-go-nuts for me and I just haven't had the time to post an entry here. I've been anxiously awaiting an update on the recent position I applied for at Blackbaud, and finally heard on Tuesday that they shot me down. No worries though, I'm not going to let it bother me too much.

Even though I had a lot riding on it, at least I still have a job and am in no fear of ever getting fired. I'm not so bummed about not getting the job, I just know who did get it instead - and needless to say there are many individuals who are none too thrilled about management's decisions. Also, they gave me some pointers to work on and told me to definitely apply again in the very near future if I was still interested. So, I have my work cut out for me over the next couple of months.

What else is new? Let's see... Alli caught a little bit of a cold this week and has been coughing all throughout the last few nights. As any parent (and Followers) know, this coughing all night causes the kiddo to not sleep very well, which in turn causes them to be even more of a cranky-butt during the day. Of course, Mommy B and I haven't been sleeping well because we can hear our poor child practically coughing up a lung from across the hall. This is after giving her Children's Tylenol and Children's Benadryl, plugging in her humidifier, and rubbing Baby Vicks all over her chest and back. So it's not like we're making her suffer through it. I can't even imagine how much worse it would have been had we not tried to treat her symptoms.

BUT, the good news is that she barely coughed last night and this morning... so I think we're almost out of woods. Thank goodness too - for the entire household. There truly is nothing worse in the world than seeing your child in pain (or in this case, major discomfort). And to make matters worse, there really isn't anything else we could do for her. One of the major advantages of having a pediatric nurse as a wife is that she can tell me almost exactly what the doctors would do if we took her in. Needless to say, it has saved us a lot of unnecessary trips to the pediatrician's office.

In other Alli-news, the girl has almost a full set of teeth. I'm not kidding... her molars came in over the past couple weeks, and now some cuspids are filling in as well. This girl will seriously be able to eat a steak by the time her little sibling arrives... which is quickly approaching. The teething hasn't been quite as bad - but we've been traveling and so distracted lately that perhaps we just didn't notice. I believe she's working on tooth #13 or #14, but since they're so far back in her mouth, it's hard to count them.

Oh yeah, and in about three and a half months we'll be having a b.... baby! Time sure is flying by. It's amazing the difference between the two pregnancies. With the first one, it's all you can think about and focus on... it becomes your life - preparing for the baby. But with the second one, you don't have time to focus on it. You just have to make sure you get everything you need for the second one before they get here. The rest of the time is spent chasing the first one around and making sure she's not giving your new iPhone a bath in the dog's water dish.

We still need to get Alli's new room painted and set up for her big move down the hall. I'd like to get working on it this weekend - at least moving all the crap that's in it right now to somewhere else. That way we can get it painted and her moved down there soon so she can get used to it. The last thing I need is her getting freaked out at night and not sleeping well while her little s... sibling is keeping us up all night. If it goes anything like everything else we've had to "transition" her to, she'll probably care less. That's my girl - just roll with it.

Good enough? I think so. I'll try to keep it more regular moving forward. Thanks for not bashing me while I was gone... it's been a busy couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment