Saturday, November 19, 2011

Things I Love...

  • Hearing Alli talking in her crib in the morning as our alarm clock... I mean, if we have to be woken at 6:30 am, at least it's to the sweet babbles of her chatting with Pooh Bear about her night.
  • Antibiotics and ear drops that help to ease the pain of an ear infection... glad to be getting our baby back to normal.
  • Giggles while she's in her daddy's arms. Melts my heart.
  • Her toothy smile. I thought I'd miss that gummy smile, but this toothy one is too adorable too.
  • My husband. Period. There are a million reasons why, but I won't bore you. He's just the best.
  • Feeling our second baby moving around in my belly... and chatting with him or her about their sister and how goofy she is, yet how much she'll love them and protect them always.
  • Laying Alli down at night. After we've read a book, walked to the bathroom and brushed our teeth, then gone back to her room... she actually reaches for her crib, cuddles up with Pooh, and winds down and falls asleep on her own. What a wonderful feeling.
  • Football season.
  • Alli hugs. If you ask her to give you (or more likely to happen, one of her stuffed animals) a hug, she gives a both arms-huge-compassionate hug.
  • My forever friends and family. The girls who have stuck by me through good times and bad, know that I'm not perfect but love me anyway, and the family who has always been there and given me everything they possibly can... I'm only who and where I am today because of all of you.
  • Charleston weather. It's going to be in the mid-70's all week.
  • The fact that in one month, we'll be making the drive to Ohio to spend Christmas there for the first time in five years. We haven't been able to make it home since we've moved down here, and we're thankful to get the time off this year to be able to do it. Maybe Alli will get to see snow!
  • Alli's high-fives, and how she'll do them no matter if that's what you really were wanting or not. The other day, she was eating an orange and I had my hand under her chin to catch any pieces that may fall out, and she just kept slapping my hand to give me five.
OK, I know there are more things... but for now, this is my list. We've got a beautiful weekend to go enjoy =)

1 comment: