Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cartoon of the Week

Deer Physicals: Eye Response, Normal.

Just made me laugh when I saw this... I've been having to do quite a few different types of physical assessments lately on different types of patients, depending on what floor I've been sent to at work. Throughout the last three weeks, I've been on the pediatric step-down ICU, postpartum, antepartum, adult medical surgical trauma, adult pulmonary and GI, adult neuro, etc. To say I've been overwhelmed would be an understatement. It's been frustrating, and I realized it's not what I want to do. I talked to my nurse manager and am putting the adult stuff on hold as of now, I just miss pediatrics. It's where my heart is, and I'm hoping this means I won't be cancelled a whole bunch again, but we'll figure it out. May have to start looking for a more permanent position somewhere soon, but we'll get through it. For now, I'll just enjoy the time with Ru and not spend so much money. (Which is hard when you've got your only child's 1st birthday coming up!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment