Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What have we been up to?

I feel like I'm so behind on updating... and to be honest, I'm not even sure what day it is anymore these days! All the days and nights seem to be running together, and to say I'm exhausted would be an understatement. So, let's see...

Last Friday, I took Aiden back to the doctor's office. I felt like he was still a little red/yellowish, his eyes still looked yellow to me, and he also started throwing up after almost every feed. The doctor thought the jaundice looked fine, not worried at all about that, and the throwing up could be several things. My milk supply is overly abundant (good and bad), and she thinks he may be choking/getting too much/swallowing a bunch of air while he's trying to gulp the milk too. So, we're trying some things to help, but even today as I write, he's thrown up several times already and I'm just so nervous to feed him. He does a little better with bottles, so I'm trying to pump and feed him, but that's exhausting too. Hopefully, we'll get through it. There's always something! He is still having a ton of wet diapers and poopy ones too, so for now, there's nothing to worry about.. except how much laundry we'll be doing to clean up all the vomit. Ugh.

After that, I was just sort of drained. I'm exhausted getting up all through the night again, and still trying to help and be a "present" mother figure to Alli Ru too. It's hard. So when someone knocked on the door late Friday afternoon, I was just annoyed. Now what!? To my wonderful surprise, my amazing friend Gena stood at the other side of the door, dinners and other goodies in hand. She had talked to Eric and set up to surprise me for the weekend, just to come help out and do what she could for our family. I couldn't have been more grateful. It was wonderful just to have her presence, knowing there was someone else there if we needed something. It was her first time away from her own little girl, and I really couldn't be more thankful to have a friend like her. We've had our ups and downs through our friendship, but through the last year of a lot of trials and situations with friendships in my life, I have realized what I need and deserve in a friend. Oh, and today just happens to be her birthday too, so, Happy Birthday Mama G. Love you.

Alli has been such a trooper through this whole "growing as a family" experience. She comes home every day saying "baby!", and she'll go up to him and say "hi!!" and wave in his face, but other than that, she's pretty content to just ignore him. Which is fine by us! She's not jealous, she hasn't been regressing to using a bottle or anything again, and everything else in her life is pretty much the same, so in that sense, we're thankful. Her ever growing vocabulary and knowledge amazes me more every day. I am so grateful to her amazing daycare school that she attends. They teach her SO much. I was giving her a bath a few nights ago, and she has some foam numbers and letters in the tub with her. One floated by, the number "6" and Alli yelled, "six!" I was shocked. I said, "what did you just say?!", and tried to find more numbers. I couldn't find another number, but a "B", and she yelled, "eight!". Ok, yes, a B kind of looks like an 8, you're right! It amazes us and we couldn't be more proud of her.


So, I think that's all so far... my amazing husband has been doing more than his share of getting up to help me burp lil A Man, clean up vomit, and try to get him back to sleep while I try to catch a few hours before it's time to feed him again. On Sunday night, I think Dad-E was up from 1am-4am just walking Aiden around, trying to get him back to sleep. Needless to say, he worked from home that day. I'm very thankful for his amazing, flexible job too.

Happy 3 week birthday little Aiden, I love the snuggles, I love the little tiny toes, fingers and the look of wonder and amazement in your eyes as you look around and explore the world a little more every day. But to be completely honest, I can't wait until your old enough to interact with, play with, talk to, chase around, and lastly, but most importantly, sleep through the night. Love you lots buddy, but, you're messing with my sleep and mommy loves her sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment