Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two weeks

It's been two weeks since Aiden joined our family, and honestly, I can't remember what it was like without him already. He seems to just "fit in" perfectly... he's so mellow and laid back, much different than his big sis. I think it may have a lot to do with the fact that Dad-E and I are a little more relaxed and laid back this time too. When Alli was born, we of course had no idea what we were in for, what we were doing, or what to expect. This time, we're like seasoned pro's (kind of). =) I think Aiden heard all the craziness going on while he was safe inside my belly... he heard his big sis running around, screaming, yelling, laughing, etc., and just knew what he was in for when he came out.

I was scared to death to clean up/change diapers of a little boy... there's so much to worry about, without going into details... I'm sure you all know what I mean. We've only gotten peed on 3 or 4 times so far, but when it happens, it's been so funny that Dad-E and I just laugh and laugh together. (Maybe that's the lack of sleep, we're just a bit goofy these days??) One time he peed so far that Dad-E was cleaning off curtains and baseboards at 1am. Oh so fun! We have definitely learned to cover it up while changing him to avoid these types of situations. But, it's been a fun learning experience.

Big sis Alli is just growing and learning more and more every day, and for the most part, doesn't really even acknowledge Aiden's presence. Wherever he is, be it in the swing, in my arms, in the boppy, etc... she usually will walk up to him, say baby!! And wave "hi" in his face... but then she's off being her busy little self minutes later. I can't wait to see them both grow together... especially when he is more active and doing things too. I'll be very interested to see what she thinks of him when he can fight back! =)

All in all, we're really doing great so far as a family of 4 (OK, 5, Scarlett is still around too... although needless to say, you should have seen the "look" on her "face" when we brought Aiden through the door... it was like, "Ohhh guys! You did this again?! Why!!!!") We have been to the beach twice already, taken him out to lunch with Eric & I today (even though it was just to Subway, it still counts!), and we're just taking each day as it comes at us.





No comments:

Post a Comment