Wednesday, July 27, 2011

9 months in, 9 months out...

Our little girl is 9 months old today! I can hardly believe it. I know we say that every month, but time just seems to truly be flying at this point. A friend asked me which seemed longer, the 9 months I was pregnant, or these past 9 months... hands down it would be the 9 months of pregnancy! Not only was I over nine months pregnant since Alli didn't want to join us on her actual due date and came 4 days late, the anticipation of finding out if she was a boy or girl made it seem like it was even longer!! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was (and still am!) that we waited until that moment to find out her gender. The anticipation and build up was all worth it... seeing Eric's face and hearing him say, "it's a girl!!" is a moment I'll never, ever forget.

On the flip side, these past 9 months have absolutely flown by. I hardly remember her as a tiny infant who just laid there or slept on us all the time... we cherish the snuggly moments we get nowadays, since they are so few and far between.


 From a snuggly little infant snoozing on her dad... to an active, curious 9 month old... don't blink, they grow up in an instant...

1 comment:

  1. She just keeps getting cuter, that's for sure! I can't wait to see what the next 9 months brings :)

    ReplyDelete