Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Embarking on a new journey...

While I was gone on my mom's weekend away in Mexico, I had a lot of uninterrupted time to reflect on my life, my goals, and my future. Of course, a lot of those goals and future plans have changed along the way, but I wouldn't change the way I got here for anything. Eric and I have seemed to be on the "fast-track" so to speak...

2006 - graduate from college and move to Charleston
2008 - get married
2010 - baby #1, precious Alli Ru
2012 - baby #2, sweet boy Aiden

... now what? How about take a breather and just relax? Nah. That's for the weak. I've decided that now is a better time than any to go back to school and further my education. I have always thought that going back to get my master's degree was something I'd want to do someday, but I just wasn't sure what it was I wanted to do. After being a nurse for over six years now, I know that teaching is what I want to do. So, after some searching, talking with my current nurse educator of my department, and applying, I quickly got all my paperwork and transcripts together, got some admission work accomplished, and wouldn't you know... I started this past Monday. It's a 15 month, all online, rigorous program, but I can honestly say I'm excited and it's going to make a huge impact on my career. I thought now would be a better time to do this than when the kids are older and have after school activities, play dates, etc... and I'm already glad I started. I am hoping to someday work as a nurse educator on one of the pediatric areas in the hospital, and/or teach nursing clinicals at local colleges.

So, mark it down...

2014 - master's degree.

I just hope Aiden and Alli understand that right now, mommy may be busy, but I'm doing it to better our futures together.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Congrats! I started my master's program when Molly was 6 months old and my goal was to be done when she was 2, I finished 2 weeks before her 2nd birthday. Trust me, it's hard work, but so worth it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete