Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The holiday season is definitely my favorite time of the year. It's somewhat hard to get in the spirit when it's 70-80 degrees outside, and Eric is putting the lights on the house in shorts and no shirt, but, I'm not complaining. I can tell my blood has thinned quite a bit already, and I'm less and less tolerant of the cold.


Anyway, this past weekend we went and got our Christmas tree, and yet again, just like last year, Scarlett is on patrol 24/7. I think she thinks that there is going to be a squirrel coming out of it at any moment. And Alli is obsessed with the lights we have hung up on the tree and across the mantel. Eric and I did our annual Target trip to fill up the stockings, where we spend $20 and have to get neat/unique/funny/etc. gifts to fill each other's stockings. And this year, I got to do Aiden's, and he got to do Alli's. I'm so excited to look in them on Christmas morning and see what's inside.

We also are going to have a lot of family down here for Christmas this year, and I couldn't be more thrilled for Alli and Aiden. (And of course, I'm happy to get to see them all, too!) I'm so glad they will get to see both Pops and Tatsy, Aunt Bacon, and Grandma Nancy for the holiday. And hopefully, this means we'll get some time away, just the two of us, too.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... my golden birthday is coming up in a few weeks too... 29 on the 29th! It truly is... the most wonderful timeeeee of the yearrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment