Thursday, May 9, 2013

Two on One

That would be... two kids versus one mom.

Last weekend, Dad-E took a flight up to Connecticut to surprise a good friend from college, as he won't be able to attend his bachelor party, so he wanted to go spend some time with him before we head up there in July to be a part of his big day. He took off work on Friday, flew up there, had dinner, slept in, played golf, more food along the way, slept in, then flew home. (You see where my emphasis lies, or at least what I was most jealous of!... ha!)

Anyway, that meant I had the kiddos to myself all weekend. I really was looking forward to it, but scared to death at the same time. I know they are my kids, so what is there to be scared of? But, it's intimidating to do it all on your own. Huge kuddos go out to all the single moms out there, all the military wives, stay at home mom's, etc., who do this all the time. I know, now especially after a weekend alone, that I couldn't do it. Well, I take that back. I'm sure I could, but I wouldn't want to. Not alone. Thank God for my husband.

The kids weren't awful by any means, but I think they just know how to push my buttons, and know exactly what to do to get me frustrated. I like to think of myself as a patient person sometimes, but my goodness, patience with a 2 & 1/2 year old who wants to do everything herself, and a 1 year old who thinks he needs to be held constantly even though he can do things for himself, is exhausting. Not to mention, being up at 6am leaves very limited options of how to spend an entire day trying to find things to do. Oh, and on top of that, it rained. All weekend. So now, my props especially go to those mom's I mentioned before who live in Seattle, where it rains all.the.time. Oh my gosh! What do you all do with your children all the time!?

I love A&A with all my heart. But I think I was 1000 times more excited to see Eric on Sunday than they were.

Thanks for coming home, daddy! We were all so happy to see you... and it looks like you may have missed being around your lil buddies just a little bit, too. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment