Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'm back!

Since Mommy B can't get logged into the blog at the moment, I'm posting this for her:

So, wow. I have left this blog for almost 18 months, and it feels so good to be able to write without the thought in the back of my mind that I have six other papers I should be writing right now. I am DONE. Pending all results of my last few paper submissions, final portfolio, and practicum evaluations, I will have completed my MSN degree. I am proud, thankful, and appreciative of everyone that has made it work along the way. Especially and most importantly of all, Eric. He's been my rock, my supporter, single dad, and the one who has held this family together. I have had moments of sheer and utter breakdown, crying for no reason (or for every reason!), and I have been mostly unavailable for all the normal bath and bedtime routines each night. Dinner has usually been whatever we can find laying around, and I'm sure he's glad that normalcy is hopefully around the corner.

I have been looking into job opportunities, but taking it slow and trying to find something that makes me happy. I want to teach, in some capacity, but still work with patients, families, and nurses. I am looking but not too desperate, I do love my area I work in right now but I want to grow and develop professionally, hence, the reason for continuing my education. I am now on track to finish my RN III advancement within MUSC too, a huge accomplishment within the organization that I am excited about as well, we'll see if I get that advancement by the end of October! So, that's me in a nutshell, I have finally reached the end of my journey, for now. Who knows what I may feel like doing again once the kids get into school-aged years!

In other news, we have been extremely busy with trying to update things on the house, and still make it "home". I have taken the time to update color schemes in the living room and our bedroom. I want to paint some more, I want to update the garage/storage for in there, and we want to take on the task of updating our shower in our master bathroom. We just can't sit still apparently. We'll see how that all goes!

Onto the kiddos... they are growing up way too fast. I don't even remember the last time I got to update on the little things they have been doing and saying, but I am trying to make a point again to cherish those moments and record as many as we can. Alli is so smart, and picks up on and remembers EVERYthing. Aiden's not far behind, either. He's a little parrot these days, and loves to copy his big sister. They have been playing more and more independently together, and she loves telling him that "she's a mom" and can do anything he needs rather than running to me all the time. (That's wonderful! Ha!). He recently, two days ago, moved out of his crib and into a big boy bed in his room. Eric and I stood back for a moment the first night we went up to check on him, and couldn't believe we'd never put another baby into a crib. Our babies are growing up fast. It's incredible, emotional, and exciting. I can't lie and say I will miss the baby years, as everyone tells us we will, I just was never that much of a "baby person", and as much as I loved the snuggles, the other times were much more difficult for me than the troubles these days. I can handle temper tantrums about God knows what rather than having a baby cry all night and not knowing why. To each their own I suppose, I know some people will tell us that someday we will miss that, but, I'm not so sure I'll miss those parts.

I will definitely be back in the swing of things, as soon as I can figure out my password for the blog again... seems I've forgotten it after all these months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment