Friday, March 7, 2014

Homework assignment

In light of all that Mommy B and I have going on next week with the big move, I'm going to give you all a little homework assignment to entertain yourselves with until we're able to make time for the blog. I don't anticipate getting much sleep over the next week or so, which means your favorite blog will be on a short hiatus for the time being. I'll try not to neglect youse guys too much because I'm sure you're all just dying to know how much of a pain in the rear end this move will be.

So, without further ado, here's your assignment. It won't require much of a change to your daily activities:

I just want you to watch and observe how certain people are portrayed in the media these days. Specifically, how men are portrayed versus their female counterparts in television commercials. You know the kind - car commercials where a heterosexual couple is looking to buy a car, or they're looking to save hundreds on insurance, or even going to the store together. It doesn't even have to be commercials or shows where both male and female characters are present - just carefully watch how men and women are portrayed on TV in general and see if you notice a trend.

I've mentioned before that I'm a pretty observant person... at least I think I am. Over the last couple of years, I've noticed certain attributes embodied by the overwhelming majority of male characters (and that's a key term: character) in TV commercials and many shows these days. I'm going to withhold my personal observations until a later time as I don't want to influence your thus far unbiased and completely objective opinions. I'll reveal my thoughts on the subject and tie it in with some other things I've noticed as well.

Wish us luck, y'all.. it's going to be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment